If you’re active on Instagram, you’ve probably seen the rainbow grilled cheese sandwich from Kala Toast in Hong Kong. Maybe as a cheese lover, you have a hundred reasons to taste it immediately. If you can’t go to have a try, that’s all right, let’s learn how to make it at home.
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Emmental cheese
- 1/4 cup Gruyere cheese
- 4 slices of toast
- unsalted butter
- vegetable juice (green, red, blue, yellow)
- Put 4types of cheeses into 4 plates respectively, and then add different food coloring. You can use health natural colored vegetable juice such as cabbage, tomato, carrot, or you can also buy edible pigment such as Wilton pigment, which is an 80-year history healthier American brand.
- Pre-heat the olive oil in a pan and toast the toast facing down over medium heat until the side becomes golden.
- put 4 colors of cheese on the toast in order.
- Taking another slice of toast, spread butter on one side and cover this side with the cheese. Fry the toast for two or three minutes until the cheese is melted, and then fry the other side for two or three minutes until it becomes golden.
- Remove the sandwich and spread a layer of butter while it’s hot if you like. Last, sprinkle with colored sugar beads on it.