Swimming is always the mainstream sport in summer. While escaping the heat, swimming can also build up bodies. No matter you are in an open-air swimming pool or on the beach, a well-fitting and sexy swimmer is necessary for ladies. But how do we choose the right swimsuit? First, you should know your body shape, then adopt your good points and avoid shortcomings.
Judge Your Body Shape
If one swimwear looks wow on your friend, it doesn’t mean to work on you. Your body shape—where we distribute weight differently will determine which swimwear looks best on you.
- Pear shape: If your hips are wider than both the waist and bust, you are likely to be a pear. Pear-shaped women usually have larger rear, smaller bosom, and robust thighs.
- Apple shape: If your waist is significantly wider than the hips and nearly as wide as the bust, you probably be an apple. Apple-shapewomen usually have slimmer legs and larger chest and abdomen.
- Hourglass shape: If yourbust and hips are almost the same widths and with a significantly smaller waist, you are the classic hourglass body shape. This body shape is considered as the perfect body!
- Straightshape: If you are generally thin without significant difference between your hips, bust, and waist, it means you have a straight body shape.
Well now you’ve known the body type of yourselves, it’s more easy to choose. These are some great tips for you to consider:
For Pear Shaped Figure
- A swimwear with higher cut legs makes you look slim with long legs.
- Two-piece swimwear: Choose solid and dark color on the bottom while bright and light color on the top.
- Show off your slender shoulders with a strapless or thin-strap swimwear.
- Tankini with a skirt is also very nice to pear-shaped figures, which can cover flaws of the bottom.
For Apple Shaped Figure
- To apple shaped figure, a crossover swimwear is a good choice. The color-blocked design will balance your middle and cover the flaws.
- High-cut legs and low-cut neckline will divert others’attention from your middle to your legs and shoulders.
- Choose a swimwear with dark color or patterns to slim down your body.
For Straight Shaped Figure
- Try bright and bold color and low-cut neckline to stand out your bust and hips. Of course, dark color at the waist is necessary to make you look curvy.
- Choose cheerful patterns, prints, and ruffles to create the hourglass shape. Avoid horizontal stripes and solid color.
- Well-fitting waist and appropriate cup are very important to make you look curvier.
For Hourglass Shaped Figure
- Hourglass shaped figure is most ladies’dream body type because almost any swimwear looks great on it! So if you have an hourglass-shaped figure, go for whatever swimwear you like and show yourself!
For a Small Bust
- Give priority to a swimwear with some ruffles, decorations or meshes at the bust. They can increase the volume to balance a flatter chest. Instead of common string swimwear, choose shaped underwire bikini with padding.
- To create the look of an hourglass figure, you can choose a retro one-piece swimwear with inbuilt cups or a halterneck drawing in the waist.
- You can also try a sporty swimwear with modern cutaways. This kind of swimwear is really friendly to ladies having a straight figure.
For a Large Bust
- Halterneck swimwear is the best style for a large bust because they can support the bust perfectly and create a fascinating retro look at the same time.
- Avoid complicated designs and ruffles at eh bust, which will make it look larger unnaturally. Instead, ruffles or peplum at the hips will balance the volume of bust visually.
- Go for underwire swimwear with deeper and fuller cups.
For Bigger Hips
- To shift the attention from hips, the bottom doesn’t have to be below your hips.
- Try to keep long hair because short hair will make hips look bigger.
- Choose light-colored tops and dark-colored bottoms.
To Slim Down a Stomach
- Go for a tankini or a one-piece swimwear, which can cover your stomach. Tankini can also let you breathe well comparing to the one-piece styles.
- A monokini is also a good choice with cuts on both sides of the waist, making the look of a flat stomach.
- Avoid horizontal stripes as they will make the stomach look bigger.